Comments are usually moderated. However, I do not accept any legal responsibility for the content of any comment. If any comment seems submitted just to advertise a website it will not be published.

Friday 18 August 2017

PROVEN ANTI SEMITE IN LEGAL PRACTICE

I suppose the legal profession has always had its bad apples. My own experience tells me that they are probably more abundant than generally realised. In times past I would opine that gaining riches from clients by methods at or over the borderline of legality was the inspiration for many.  However with the proliferation of social media and the ability to tell the world in just a few words and/or minutes just what one thinks the boundaries between merely insulting, offensive and downright unlawful have meshed ever more closely.  When professionals beholden to their professional and/or regulatory body stray too close to that boundary they have only themselves to blame for the repercussions.  Such is the case of this solicitor.  I wonder if the firm`s clients would continue to be attracted to their services if they knew his recent history.

2 comments:

  1. Given his claimed areas of expertise, I wouldn't imagine that his views will be much of a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.legalcheek.com/2017/08/solicitor-who-made-anti-semitic-and-anti-zionist-facebook-comments-handed-12-month-suspension/

    ReplyDelete