Comments are usually moderated. However, I do not accept any legal responsibility for the content of any comment. If any comment seems submitted just to advertise a website it will not be published.

Monday 6 January 2014

BARRISTERS AUX BARRICADES



I have no idea if my own court has been disrupted this morning by the non participation of members of the Criminal Bar Association.  I would estimate that solicitors comprise about 70-80% of defendants` representatives at Magistrates` Courts   so the disruption  if any is likely to be minimal.  I have not received any notification from the Deputy Justices` Clerk so the morning sitting will likely have been as normal. No doubt I will hear the full story when I next sit.   The tale at Crown Courts all over England & Wales is of a different level.  Hearings have been disrupted by the absence of defence barristers.  This is an unprecedented show of unity by people who  by their very calling are independent practitioners.  There is brief but comprehensive opinion by Jon Mack in the Spectator.

No comments:

Post a Comment