Comments are usually moderated. However, I do not accept any legal responsibility for the content of any comment. If any comment seems submitted just to advertise a website it will not be published.

Tuesday 2 February 2016

THE DISTRICT JUDGE OVER WORKED AND UNDER VALUED

There was an interesting piece in yesterday`s Law Society Gazette.  A supposedly overworked and under valued District Judge(MC) is taking action against HMCTS to bring a claim citing disability discrimination and whistleblowing under the Employment Rights Act 1996.  The many comments after the article are as interesting as the piece itself.  For my part I have little sympathy with her.  Perhaps she thought the job involved a very hefty salary with none of the downside of being in practice and a juicy pension to boot. Readers can judge for themselves here.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you have little sympathy for the judge. Interesting article in the Guardian about it. Some comments in LSG agree with you but more or less the majority do not.

    What struck me were the conditions she said she was working in - eg litigants in person appearing before her in a small room where the only door was behind them. I don't think you would have wanted to work in a courtroom configured like that.

    I am only surprised she expected any help or sympathy from HMCTS!

    ReplyDelete