Comments are usually moderated. However, I do not accept any legal responsibility for the content of any comment. If any comment seems submitted just to advertise a website it will not be published.

Monday 24 February 2020

EXCEPTIONAL HARDSHIP: A NATIONAL SCANDAL

If there`s one form of decision that got and still gets my magisterial goat it is the apparent ease with which a 12 pointer convicted "totter" can get away with a spurious exceptional hardship argument and avoid a driving ban. Smooth talking lawyers are the courts` equivalent of 1970`s  door to door double glazing salesmen flogging their wares to receptive magistrates who are often thinking "there but for the grace of god go I".  It is a national scandal. I have posted on this topic so often I won`t list the previous but for those interested just type exceptional hardship into the search box. And  to complete the picture read of a single session at Ipswich Magistrates Court last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment