Comments are usually moderated. However, I do not accept any legal responsibility for the content of any comment. If any comment seems submitted just to advertise a website it will not be published.

Monday 8 December 2014

HOW DID THEY BRING THE NEWS?



Over  my years on the bench I have been convinced by what I have seen and heard  that nowhere is there a more politically correct organisation.  That having been said I would have thought that all participants, professional and lay, would always apply a virtual five second delay to any remarks made in the retiring room and certainly those made from the bench.  I was wrong!  The crass remarks of Deputy District Judge Richard Terrence Peter Hollingworth are almost beyond belief. What is of some interest is that the incident took place in October yet appeared only this weekend in the public press. 

I SPRANG to the stirrup, and Joris, and he;
I gallop’d, Dirck gallop’d, we gallop’d all three;
“Good speed !” cried the watch, as the gate-bolts undrew;
“Speed!” echoed the wall to us galloping through;
Behind shut the postern, the lights sank to rest,              
And into the midnight we gallop’d abreast.

No comments:

Post a Comment