What can magistrates do, outside of courtrooms, to help reduce crime and re-offending, and make communities safer?
- organising mock trials to explain sentencing to the local community
- visiting local schools to explain the legal system to young people in an innovative and exciting way
- you play an important role in making sure the police are using out-of-court disposals correctly
- involve magistrates outside of the traditional courtroom role
- be compatible with your core role as judicial office holders
- (in these chastened times), not mean significant extra cost.