Now that I am retired having been many years a magistrate with a long awareness of the declining freedoms enjoyed by the ordinary citizen and a corresponding fear of the big brother state`s ever increasing encroachment on civil liberties I hope that my personal observations within these general parameters will be of interest to those with an open mind. Having been blogging with this title for many years against the rules of the Ministry of Justice my new found freedom should allow me to be less inhibited in these observations.





Comments are usually moderated. However, I do not accept any legal responsibility for the content of any comment. If any comment seems submitted just to advertise a website it will not be published.

Friday, 26 June 2015

BEGINNING OF THE END

This article in today`s Telegraph is just the beginning of another attack but now there is no doubt IMHO that there is a secret paper in some Whitehall desk with outline of new form of justice at your local District Criminal Court.   Mark my words; the magistracy in its current form, as I have posted here many times, will be history within ten years.

2 comments:

  1. Justice of the Peace, my view is that this is just the somewhat biased view of a barrister whose ideas would be a retrograde step for our legal system. Perhaps he's feathering his own nest. "Magistrates can be self-important"......and barristers can't ??? I bet you've seen a few members of counsel whose performances merit an oscar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magistrates and jurors may well be less "efficient", but it will be a sad day for justice when this argument is allowed to prevail. There are certainly those in the Ministry of Injustice who favour the investigative magistrate approach - or should I say "The Inquisitiion" and the fair minded approach to justice that came with it.

    ReplyDelete